- 120 g confectioner’s sugar
- 1/8 tsp fine salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- Add the confectioner’s sugar and salt to a medium sized bowl.
- Add vanilla and two tablespoons of whole milk to the bowl. Stir with a small spoon or whisk until the mixture is somewhat lumpy but all of the confectioner’s sugar is incorporated. Don’t add any more milk at this point. Just keep stirring!
- Once the confectioner’s sugar is incorporated and the mixture is lumpy, add the heavy cream. Stir until the mixture is thick but pourable. The mixture should have the texture of very thick honey. If it is too thick to pour, add whole milk, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until it is just pourable.
- Using a spouted liquid measuring cup, a spoon, or a squeeze bottle, add the glaze to your cake. If the glaze sits for a while before you use it, give it a quick stir and it will be ready to use!
- Resist the urge to add more than two tablespoons of milk at the outset. Just keep stirring!
- This recipe can be doubled. I often use double this recipe for my cakes because I like a lot of glaze.